Bradford Community Kitchen is a local organisation set up in April 2017, and every Sunday between 3pm until 5pm with the help of our dedicated team of volunteers we served hot food and drinks to our service users and even a pudding.
We currently do not receive any government or local authority funding and we run solely on donations from the local community; friends and colleagues.
In April 2018 we successfully registered as a charity which means other fundraising options are available to us.
The kitchen was based at the Millside Centre on Grattan Road in Bradford. We serve a three-course meal every Sunday to between 70 and 110 service users.
A mixture of people who are homeless, living below the poverty line or working and managing to pay their rent but who are then unable to heat their homes or feed themselves.
We also try to provide:
- Emotional and practical support
- Sleeping bags
- Boots and footwear
- Coats, hats, gloves and scarves
- Warm blankets or throws
- Food parcels, tinned or dried food
- Sanitary products and toiletries
- Since the pandemic hit us all we have unable to serve hot food from the kitchen as we could not serve our homeless friends in a tight space due to the 2metre distance and overcrowding.